I’ve got a fresh empties Beauty Bin post from my collection today. I’ve been collecting my rubbish as usual, and although I initially wanted to keep all the sample sachets I finished, they got a little bit too gross! For this post, I only used properly packaged products.
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Cleanser*: I did enjoy this cleanser, it did a great job of getting my face clean and fresh. I didn’t enjoy the smell, it just wasn’t that pleasant. It did keep acne away though, which is what it says “on the tin”.
Repurchase: No, La Roche-Posay isn’t cruelty-free.
- Go-To Skincare Properly Clean Foaming Cleanser: Love this cleanser! I bought it an embarrassingly long time ago in early 2015, but I love the smell of this cleanser (citrusy). It keeps my skin really squeaky clean and fresh and doesn’t strip it dry in any way. I actually did my very first blog post over three years ago on the Go-To Skincare products featured here, go hunting if you will.
Repurchase: Definitely, it’s my favourite foaming cleanser I’ve ever tried. Have a few different cleansers to get through first.
- LUSH Brazened Honey Mask: I love LUSH face masks, and this is the second one I have tried. I love honey, and I was looking for something very moisturising for my skin. This ticked those bills and I really enjoyed the smell, texture and “after mask” feeling.
Repurchase: Yes, I do want to try a few more face masks from LUSH first, however.
- Origins Clear Improvement Mask: I got this in a mini set after Christmas 2016 in my Shop and Box Haul (post here) and it’s been my favourite of the three masks! I actually used it up before it dried! I cut it up to ensure I can get to everything in it, and that worked really well. It brought all the gunk from my pores, and I much prefer something like this, rather than the Glam Glow masks these days as it’s not as harsh! It also reduced any bumps I have from acne or forming acne.
Repurchase: I really enjoyed it, but Origins isn’t cruelty-free so I will not be repurchasing.
- Swisse Manuka Honey Detoxifying Facial Mask: I purchased this after hearing how similar it was to the Glam Glow mask (which have now fallen off the popularity ladder). I was on holiday in Singapore in 2016 and Priceline had free shipping so I ordered it to work so I could have it upon my return. I did really enjoy this mask, more than the Glam Glow version, as it was much more creamy. It did dry out at about 1/3 still full so while I haven’t technically “finished” it, I couldn’t bring it back to life.
Repurchase: Swisse is cruelty-free, so I might pick this up again as it was really cheap!
- Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Mini: I really enjoyed this serum of sorts. I didn’t know what to make of it at first, but I kept using it. I enjoyed the radiance I received from it, but I didn’t notice any other differences.
Repurchase: I probably wouldn’t repurchase even if it were cruelty-free as I didn’t see a huge difference, and I’m probably not old enough to see one at this point.
- Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Pads: I did enjoy these little pads, and they are stronger than the Go-To ones, but not as strong as Dennis Gross’ pads. I like that they come in a smaller pack because you can use them up before they dry out.
Repurchase: Nip & Fab are cruelty-free, so I very well might for a drugstore option in the future.
- Go-To Skincare Exfoliating Swipies: I loved these and of course, as I said above, my very first blog post was on these products in the range. While I have tried some stronger versions of these such as Dennis Gross’ I still enjoy that these are gentler on the skin. They have the same scent as the cleanser, and the packaging is phenomenal.
Repurchase: They were pretty expensive, but I might give them another go in the future.
- Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar Day and Night creams: I have loved these for years, and the day version sits really well under makeup. The night version is obviously a bit thicker and doesn’t sink in the same way.
Repurchase: I have repurchased these many times, but at the moment, Philosophy is one of those grey area brands which doesn’t sell in China but do say they “test when required to by law” which rubs me the wrong way. I won’t be repurchasing, for now, however, I do have another same sized night version I am using right now.
- Ren Satin BB Cream: Kind of makeup, kind of skincare. I’m not a big fan of BB creams and I received this in a Mecca Beauty Loop box awhile ago now. It’s a “one shade suits all” kind of product, and that’s simply not true.
Repurchase: No, not a fan of BB creams.
- Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips: I stocked up on these over the last few years (before I went cruelty-free) and I only recently found out that they are actually not very good for your skin, so I am using them sparingly now. I am quite gentle with them so it shouldn’t be too bad, at some point I may stop using them.
Repurchase: I have about four boxes left, but after that, no. Biore is not cruelty-free.
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow Pencil shade 3: I really enjoyed this pencil and it came highly recommended by my friends in blogging. I had the shade 3, and it matched quite well – but I personally think I could have gone for shade 4. This lasted me about five months which is pretty reasonable.
Repurchase: No, Benefit is not cruelty-free. I have replaced this with the Hourglass Brow Arch in Warm Brunette.
- Benefit Gimmie Brow shade 3: After six years of buying Gimmie Brow, the time has come to move on as Benefit insists on selling in China. This is the best brow gel I’ve ever used, as it doesn’t leave your brows crunchy.
Repurchase: No, Benefit is not cruelty-free. I intend to try the Essense version and if not, the Hourglass version.
- Dove Deodorant: I’ve used this deodorant for a few years now, and it was one of my favourites. Unfortunately, Dove isn’t cruelty-free.
Repurchase: No, Dove isn’t cruelty-free. I have replaced this with Moo Goo’s deodorant.
- Daiso Brush Cleaner: I love this brush cleaner’s ability to clean my brushes in second, however, I despise the scent! It smells like a serious cleaning product, and it had me questioning if it was even face safe everytime I used it.
Repurchase: No, Daiso sells in China so I can no longer purchase their products. I’m not sure what to replace this one with, so my brushes have been dirty for an embarrassing amount of time.
- LUSH Christmas Bathbombs in Golden Wonder and Shoot For The Stars and Bubble Bar in the snow angel scent: I love these LUSH products and would definitely repurchase!
What’s in your beauty bin lately?