We all have personal goals for each year, but did you know, you are 44% more likely to act on these goals if you write them down?
I recently attended a kikki K workshop on Goals, after attending a few others like Organisation, Planners, and Habits. I found Goals to be really informative, and really good for cutting down on the specifics.
I have been filling out the little journal they gave us during the workshop and using this to set realistic goals for myself for each month.
- One of my first goals is to consistently post once a week on here. Consistency is really, truly, my biggest downfall and I always get myself into a momentum and then life gets in the way for a week and I find the horse is too high to get back on per say. I plan to do this by writing in my downtime, and I’ve created a spreadsheet to keep me on track for where I am up to in a blog post, for example, I need to take photos for a few posts right now, but others I just need to do a final edit, or add links to.
- I plan to keep up walking my dog and look into a workout plan that I can do a few times a week. If this means I can treat myself to some new Nike shoes, and a better Sports Bra than great! I need to watch my food a little more, as I am definitely a bored eater, and a bit of an emotional one as well. Working at my current workplace has seen me put on about 8kg in the last two years, so that needs to change.
- I would like to look into more professional development. I work in the marketing industry, which overlaps with blogging and content creation, and all that goes along with that. I would like to learn more about the digital side of things such as Adwords, Remarketing, and a few other things, and that’s not really where my position will be going where I am. I find this stuff interesting on a personal and professional level so I don’t mind shelling out a little bit to get myself better equipped.
- A further declutter of my office/beauty room. I certainly have less “stuff” than I used to, but still so much unnecessary clutter. My main thoughts are that I want to get rid of a lot of items from the baskets at the top of my cupboard as if I can’t reach it easily, I am not going to need it very often, obviously.
- Work a bit more on my personal and work style. I have been reading a few books lately, like The Curated Closet, and How To Get Dressed, and these coupled with Konmari means that I can successfully cut down my wardrobe to just what I love, and what fits me well. I have been working on this the most lately with my outside work clothing.
What are your goals for the year?